Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer Corn

Frmrfred

Hey Guys. Just wanted to let you guys know that my boss who is in Quaker City in Southeast Ohio is selling deer corn for 6.00 a bag. The bags are around 60# a piece and he has a bunch of it. Don't know what everyone is paying but it seems like a pretty good deal to me.The address is 64662 Batesville Rd. Quaker City Ohjo. 43773. Thanks for reading this and good luck everyone!

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
That's a good price. Not to take business from that guy but since it's in a totally different part of the state, Rick's Sporting Goods in Mt Vernon has been selling 50 lbs bags for $6 each also. I bought 4 when I was there and was paying $9/bag locally. He has been getting it by the horse trailer load and has been keeping plenty at the shop.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Corn closed today at $3.25 a bushel. Depending on how much your getting, I think we charge $1 over board price per bushel if someone wants some from the silo. It may not even be that much. But we don't have a feed mill. A lot of times guys will come in and just way the their pickups empty and pull under the spout and have me load them up

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Corn closed today at $3.25 a bushel. Depending on how much your getting, I think we charge $1 over board price per bushel if someone wants some from the silo. It may not even be that much. But we don't have a feed mill. A lot of times guys will come in and just way the their pickups empty and pull under the spout and have me load them up

That is the cheapest way.

I've been paying 5.50 for 60#

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah he planted a shitton of it last year and bagged it all for some reason and he brings it in every couple of months and all of us deer hunters load up lol.... When I got back home in September I had half a dozen bags the damn squirrels had gotten too... Damn tree rats can't just go after one bag..... All six bags tore too hell....

Talked too him last week and he's taking orders again lol.....

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Hey Guys. Just wanted to let you guys know that my boss who is in Quaker City in Southeast Ohio is selling deer corn for 6.00 a bag. The bags are around 60# a piece and he has a bunch of it. Don't know what everyone is paying but it seems like a pretty good deal to me.The address is 64662 Batesville Rd. Quaker City Ohjo. 43773. Thanks for reading this and good luck everyone!

Does he have a phone number? Are there specific hours to show up?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I should have called before I drove 20 minutes out of the way.

Only available for pick up Tues & Thurs 9AM-2PM. $6 for a 50# bag which is what Rural King sells it for and that's on the way home.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I should have called before I drove 20 minutes out of the way.

Only available for pick up Tues & Thurs 9AM-2PM. $6 for a 50# bag which is what Rural King sells it for and that's on the way home.

Damn that sucks, sounds like his advertising tactics need tweaked a little... :smiley_chinrub:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That was per the sign on the door.

I called our local feed mill to see what they were selling corn for these days. Fuggin' $8.89 a 50 plus tax!!! WTF fellers!?! I always forget about a local farmer with a self serve set up. $5 a 50 if you have your own bags. I'll be headed out there soon to load up...