Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ajupsman's 2014 Ohio Trip

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
We made it but once again it wasnt without an issue to slow us down. Every year something happens. This is our first year bringing a camper and all was well until we checked the lights. The blinkers and brake lights were out. We spent most of the afternoon Sunday trying to fix it but couldnt figure it out. Luckily we found a shop that could get us in Monday morning. They fixed it and we were on our way by 10am. Drove 9 hours to Buffalo, stayed the night and did the last 5 hours yesterday and pulled in to the campground around 1pm. Got set up by 3pm and went for a drive to see where the trucks were parked. Going to scout a few areas this morning and hang a couple stands. I could be in a tree this afternoon but my guess it won't be until tomorrow. Usually takes us a day to come up with a plan. We'll be until Saturday 11/15 so we've got some time. I'm excited and can't wait to see what happens. All these IKS threads over the last 2 weeks have really got me pumped!

Last edited:

teej89

NE PA
Glad to hear you made it and good luck to you and your son! I don't think I'll be down your way till next weekend but if I am I'll stop over with some beverages. Hopefully some congratulatory beverages.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Glad to hear you made it and good luck to you and your son! I don't think I'll be down your way till next weekend but if I am I'll stop over with some beverages. Hopefully some congratulatory beverages.
Son? I go on this trip to get away from the family. [emoji2] I'm our here with my buddy Pete.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
1st day was all scouting. According to the pedometer on my phone we walked over 8 miles. We've got one spot tomorrow we are going in to set a couple of stands and we'll hunt in the afternoon. We'll probably scout a couple more spots mid-day if time permits.