Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need places to rabbit hunt

blackhandbeagles

I have two uncles in their 70s. They also have a friend in his 70s. I am having a hard time finding places that have rabbits but are still walkable for them. I would really appreciate it if anyone in Licking, Muskingum, Perry, or counties south of there towards Athens/Vinton county that have a place that we could rabbit hunt. There usually isn't more than five of us and we would not be coming back to deer or turkey hunt. Just rabbits.

You can reply here or email me at blackhandbeagles@yahoo.com. Thanks.

blackhandbeagles

If you can point me to good public hunting that would also be appreciated. Maybe some paper farms like Mead that would be easy walking. Thanks.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Rabbit hunting at this time of the year is a NO-NO issue for deer hunters. Maybe after deer season is over there will be some suggestions.

bluedog

If it wasn't meant for rabbit hunting and deer hunting on public land to co-exist, I'm sure the Division of Wildlife would not run the seasons concurrently. It's all about sharing.

blackhandbeagles, I can't give you specific advice on public land down your way, but I'll private message you with a suggestion of a place you might be able to ask and get an answer.

Happy rabbit hunting!

blackhandbeagles

I have never tried there. We do hunt Woodbury, Tri-Valley, and some of Dillon. The strip mines in Perry County are pretty good but most of the land is leased by deer hunters.