Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Been quite some time

matt hougan

Dayton area
Not that anyone missed me, I have been abscent for quite a long time. New job has really been alot of fun and kept me busy. Honestly the fishing side of my job has absorded most of my time.

A few weeks ago Moultrie sent us the new 2015 camera samples, and I immediately got them in the woods. I was not thrilled with the 2014 models photo quality so I was anxious to see the new images. We have been told they have addressed those issues. This isnt a post so much about Moultrie, but that after a few weeks in the woods I pulled the SD cards and my heart soared. The buck activity at my stand is off the charts and there are a few studs walking right under my stand.

This one is keeping me up at night. I plan on being in the stand Wednesday evening and all day Thursday. Bad thing is I have numerous pics of him all of which are at night. I'm hoping that another week closer to the rut he'll start coming by more often. There are several other bucks in the 150-160 class in this same spot. 8-9 shooters if I had to guess and countless little dinks. Any advise on something I can do to encourage day time appearances are greatly appreciated. I thought about dropping some doe estrous in one of the near by scrapes...

I am normally not a big buck hunter, being happy with whatever deer happens by. These photos have me pretty excited.

AND, idiot me set the date wrong when I set up the camera.

Anyhow, sorry for my abscense.

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
Bummer on all the stud deer running around . You 'll never be the same hunter again. Ha.

Thats awesome man. 9 shooters? Good grief. Kill one them boss hoss's.

I wouldnt do anything except put in as much seat time as possible, starting now. If u can go out for an hour, do it. Only a matter of time before one comes cruising