Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Rut

Trophy Taker Outdoors

Last year we were in central Ohio on November 15th and didn't see many bucks running does and the year before it was the opposite , same date, I have never seen so many bucks running does, it was crazy. Experts say moon phase and weather plays a role on the rut in general but has anyone experienced this same pattern and is there any bucks running does yet in central Ohio?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
By Nov. 15th you will have for sure missed it this year. I heard it started a couple weeks ago is about to peak in the next few days and DONE.
Besides, if the people of this forum keep stackin bucks up like they have been there won't be any left by the 15th either.

teej89

NE PA
But to answer your question.... the bucks are starting to run now it seems, it's a crap shoot when the rut is gonna start. THat's why people that ask that question here always get their balls busted a little. It's all in good fun. Just go to the bowhunting thread and look at the live from the stand or the i know something threads. That'll give you the best idea of what's going on now.

Last edited:

Trophy Taker Outdoors

But to answer your question.... the bucks are starting to run now it seems, it's a crap shoot when the rut is gonna start. THat's why people that ask that question here always get their balls busted a little. It's all in good fun. Just go to the bowhunting thread and look at the live from the stand or the i know something threads. That'll give you the best idea of what's going on now.

teej89, Thanks for the intelligent response. You know maybe its just that they feel insecure about their hunting abilities, they don't know anything about hunting or don't know how to answer the question and the camaraderie that true hunters share to learn, especially on a site like this that does just the opposite unless your in a click. You never know who your talking to or going to meet but I can give the benefit of the doubt to people that are busting balls and then come back with a response without being sarcastic. This is what gives hunters a bad name and as a member of the press I don't publicly humiliate them. teej89 you understand and I appreciate a good response, that's why if your ever down here your welcome to one of our gator or hog hunts with one of my outfitters on me. keep up the good moral attitude as a hunter and a person.

Thanks

epe

Lancaster
This question gets asked every year by new members, like clockwork. Did you search the forums? There is a post up about rut activity, along with many other older ones.Good idea to take shots at members. That will help your cause greatly...

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Try with an intro about yourself and give us a little background and you'll find it works alot better than the way you started. Good luck when you make it to the Great Buckeye State.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
This question gets asked every year by new members, like clockwork. Did you search the forums? There is a post up about rut activity, along with many other older ones.Good idea to take shots at members. That will help your cause greatly...

Like epe said, all you had to do was a quick search. This topic has been brought up at least 5 times in the last 2 weeks, and it happens every year. There's no need to talk trash about people that are just joking around. And by the way, there is a welcome thread, but you probably didn't see that since no forum thread search was done. If you can't stand some ball busting humor, this place ain't for you.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Or maybe its the fact that someone's first post is trying to get info on the rut. Because we all know that all the bucks start chasing the does on a specific date on all properties all over the state.

The fact is if you stick around long enough to let the bruising from dick slaps of the locals here to wear off you might find a community that is more than eager to help fellow hunters that just enjoy the outdoors and everything that comes along with it. Just saying!

As far as the Ohio Rut. I have been hunting Ohio for the past 18 years, and hard at it. There are years where I've had great rut action and years I see nothing. Its just like everything else. Kinda a crap shoot. Sometimes luck is on your side , sometimes not. Either way I win. Cause I just love being in the woods.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
37 years of bow hunting has told me this about Ohio. Just before Halloween (Oct 26) til about Nov 20th, rutting activity will go on and it varies a little from year to year. Spend every available moment in the woods during that time or you will miss it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
TTO, being the new guy I'll give you a pass on the last post.... You couldn't be further from the truth and if you'd of done a little reading on the site you would of formed a different opinion then the one you just came a cross with.....

You don't walk into someone's campfire without an intro and shoot the breeze before wam bam thank you mam....