Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sitting all day

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'll be sitting all day this weekend. The weather is going to be excellent! I have Friday off also, hopefully the rain holds out.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I'm not a big fan of all day sits. I've doe it but but never had one amount to anything but a waste of time with no sightings. If I do it this year it will be the 7th through the 10th. If I dont see anything by 2:00 or so I might have to move.

nis1

I've never done an "all day sit" but year after year it seems like I the main property I hunt lacks early morning activity but has good afternoon activity. I usually go in about 9 am and sit until dark. It allows me to sleep in a little and still get to see some good action.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Even with that phone charger I doubt I'll be able to sit all day. After about 4 hours I get too fidgety. I never did all day sits hunting here. Just not enough deer to be worth it. I did it 2 years ago a couple times on my Ohio trip and it was tough. How do you guys do it? 12 hours in a tree is a long damn time.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I do a few every year. They have not been very productive for me. My plan this year is to do a third or half day sits and move to try and find the action if it is not in front of me. I plan to hunt dark to dark and make quick moves from one end of the county to the other. Something Ron said stuck with me. The Rut is happening somewhere, you just have to find it.

teej89

NE PA
Yup was just sayin how all day sits are gonna be happening starting this weekend. I actually use a nook my mom bought me a while back and read. I'm not much of a reader at all but it's definitely something to do.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
If I do all dayers I use my LW climber . Its alot more comfortable than my hang ons . And as others said , pick your places for all dayers . Funnels , bedding areas and travel corridors between bedding areas .