Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hey Milo?!

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
How many degrees straight offset, can YOU fletch a 2.1" fusion vane? Just curious, looking to buy an Ezfletch and don't want to get an offset that won't work and definitely don't want to spend an sxtra $20 or so changing out the arms.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
There is not any degree notation on the jig.. I can tell me you this that you won't find any jig that will put more helical on Blazers than the ez fletch jig that's made for them.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414492443.068767.jpghere is a pic of how much it puts in them.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Thanks for the info and the pic, that looks like it will be pretty accurate...i was dead set on getting a straight ez fletch but i guess helical ain't all that bad...was there any clearance issues with the helical fletch?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've always rolled with a straight fletch and am happy with the performance. What's the major advantage with the helical? My basic understanding is increased spin which stabilizes flight faster and prevents the broadhead from steering the arrow. Fair assessment?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
its kind of a can of worms discussion but the spinning of the arrow help stabilize the arrows flight. as it oscillates after release it help maintain its flight path. its sort of this whole bare shaft debate we had a while ago. Wont get into that at this point. it helps steer the arrow because it has more leverage than the broadhead(even expandables).

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Knuckle balls catch wind and move and move weird because they don't spin. Arrows will too. Helical will always stabilize an arrow quicker. And for my money, if I wanted to shoot a big fixed blade again, I'd pair it up with big helical vanes or feathers. I like my current set up because I hunt a lot of open, always-windy country. Otherwise I'd still be shooting high profile on both ends of the arrow, and I'd make it spin like a top!

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I finally got me one of them Ez fletch mini's...i got shield cut vanes though and they fletched up pretty nice looking....

Will be interesting to see how they fly?

image.jpg

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
It was almost too easy. Loctite gel control is the way to go for all my super glue projects now! I will likely never buy anything else...i could hardly believe how easy it was to control the flow of glue.....what were we talking about? Oh yeah, the ez fletch, i think my kids could fletch arrows with this thing...thank you TOO members for recommending this jig.