Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Alldean and Florida Georgia Line Concert review

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Those douchebags make me sick. Waylon, Johnny, Hank, Paycheck, Jones( although he saw it coming), and many others are rolling in their graves.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I sometimes fall into liking the pop country stuff, but at the end of the day real country to me are songs like
Harlem by Brad paisley
Anything jamey johnson, george straight, or old garth.
Long haired country boy
The list goes on.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Went to an Old Crow Medicine Show concert in May. It was right after they were inducted into the Grand Ole Opree. (Sp?) The lead singer was making fun of the modern country music and said "I know country music is in a bad place right now. I hope this show let's you know we aren't following them." He summed it up very well. "County is in a bad place" is very accurate in my view.

Don't forget your David Allan Coe there Bigslam.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I sometimes fall into liking the pop country stuff, but at the end of the day real country to me are songs like
Harlem by Brad paisley
Anything jamey johnson, george straight, or old garth.
Long haired country boy
The list goes on.

I listen to Jamey Johnson a lot. IMO he's the last of a dying breed, which is probably why he don't get any radio play, which is why I don't listen to country radio. I like Harlan by paisley, might be one of the only songs of his I like, I think I'll look it up on YouTube now!

Last edited:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
all I know is I was fortunate enough to see George Strait in Vegas last year on Super Bowl weekend, this was part of this final tour. I will never ever ever top that concert.

He is AMAZING and King George will always be my favorite country singer.

As far as pop country, gotta love Justin Moore, Eric Church, Thomas Rhett(is decent).....still a few decent ones.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Travis Tritt - Country Aint Country (live): http://youtu.be/KgaWynC_vPM

Travis is what got me to listening to country.... Great tune and Travis got shit on cause he said Billy Ray's tune Achy Breaky was frivolous and doesn’t really make much of a statement. He spoke the truth HA.

Hicks it pains me to listen to Darius Rucker sing Wagon Wheel. Thats a tune that is only to be sung by Old Crow.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Guys who like FGL wear bedazzled jeans and drive 2WD trucks.

If you guys haven't heard of Sturgill Simpson, check him out. Old school sound.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Travis is what got me to listening to country.... Great tune and Travis got shit on cause he said Billy Ray's tune Achy Breaky was frivolous and doesn’t really make much of a statement. He spoke the truth HA.

Hicks it pains me to listen to Darius Rucker sing Wagon Wheel. Thats a tune that is only to be sung by Old Crow.

You are NOT alone. I cringe when I hear Hootie singing it.

all I know is I was fortunate enough to see George Strait in Vegas last year on Super Bowl weekend, this was part of this final tour. I will never ever ever top that concert.

Al- I saw him at the Horseshoe in the mid 90's. He was the headlining act. John Michael Montgomery, Tim McGraw, Shenandoah, Faith Hill, and several others I don't remember. This was when Tim and Faith had recently been together and released their first duo. She came on and sang with him and people went nuts. Some pretty big names just to be early acts.

at1010

*Supporting Member*

If you guys haven't heard of Sturgill Simpson, check him out. Old school sound.

My buddy from Carolina is a HUGE guitar guy, showed me him. Jesses right this dude is legit!

angelzd28

He is AMAZING and King George will always be my favorite country singer.

As far as pop country, gotta love Justin Moore, Eric Church, Thomas Rhett(is decent).....still a few decent ones.

Gotta agree, Justin Moore and Church are two of my favorites. Also love listening to some George Straight and some Alan Jackson.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
There is some Okay stuff...but yea the country out nowadays is very poppy and homo type shit. Its "cool" to be country now. I remember getting made fun of for wearing camo, now its like oh look were "bros"!!....

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
The Dayton area just got a new Radio Station 101.5 Hank FM. All they play is old country. Its about time.

I saw George Straight at the Nutter Center at WSU about 12 years ago. Was an awesome concert. Was listening to all the K-mart Cowboys complain because he stood at the mic and sang. They were saying how boring it was. I just shook my head and said he doesn't need to jump around and act a fool. Just listen to the words and enjoy the story.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I wish we had a country station like that around here. Until then, I'll keep playing my old country stations on Pandora through my FM transmitter.

teej89

NE PA

hahahaha! I just forwarded this to my buddy in PA who has a 2WD ranger and loves FGL.

What a hilarious article! I do like aldean tho, but FGL is just god awful. On Sirius - The highway they're saying that FGL beat out Straits album 20:1 and it shows how great new country is. Granted the 20 in that ratio is a buncha yuppy clowns that like the new age, rap like, hip hop, tight jean, hip shaking "country".