Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ready for 11/10

Ricer2231

I have to say I am ready for the opening of the 2014/2015 trapping season.
1)My water traps are painted.
2)my yote traps are boiled and waxed.
3)dog proof coon traps are ready.
4)baits and lures are almost all here.
5) got my new trapping sled ready.
6)got a brand new pair of Dans hip waders.
7)got all my permission slips signed.
8)got all my mink boxes made.
9)got my game plan laid out.
I'm itching to get some steel in the ground and put a lot of effort into catching three animals I've never caught before, a red fox, a grey fox,and a mink. My goals for the year are gonna be..........
40 rats
35 coon
6 yotes
1 red fox----
1grey fox. ---- at least one of each
1 mink-------
All of this is gonna kick in after my week of vaca I have scheduled with Gunner in the tree stand.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Sounds good! I was going to hit the coon hard this year but I think I'll just catch what I can off my land. Now the yotes are a different story, I hope to catch more than 2 this year. Last year was my first year of snaring yotes.

oakswamper

around Toledo
A lot of coon still waiting to be sold from last year, I'm gonna wait and see if buyers are going to pay a fair price before I hit them hard

But the yotes and fox are in trouble lol

Ricer2231

NAFA sold most of their coon from last year. That's where I send mine. I just got the ljust got my check from the last sale in September and they said they had 90% clearance.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Haha I would say you are ate up Don.
Reminds me when I trapped back in the 70s and 80s I was always excited to get started
Now days just enjoy sitting in a stand and then hitting the yotes hard in Jan and Feb.
Good luck and I will try and find the time to get over there and run your line with you one day.

Ricer2231

Haha I would say you are ate up Don.
Reminds me when I trapped back in the 70s and 80s I was always excited to get started
Now days just enjoy sitting in a stand and then hitting the yotes hard in Jan and Feb.
Good luck and I will try and find the time to get over there and run your line with you one day.

I'm hooked buddy! I want ya to get down here and run my line with me at least once this year and I wanna get back up there to set some snares again with ya.

Ricer2231

I'm with you Ricer. I can't wait. I took the week off too set steel in be in the tree I hope the rut last till then lol.

Gunner and I will be in the trees the week before hitting it hard and then I have opening day of trapping season off to lay steel. Gonna be setting traps all day and watching the clock on Tuesday waiting to get outta work to get to my line. ;)