Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer Moving

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
We have quite a few trucks and equipment on the road constantly where I work. Word to the wise is anybody wanting to kill a good deer....it's time to get off the couch and in the woods the big ones are hitting their feet. Many big ones have been spotted in the last 3 days I watched a 150 plus with a drop tine tonight myself.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I saw one Friday driving I75 north just a little before you get to route 6. He was on the east side of the road and he was a PIG. Looked like a 150-160 8pt. Long main beams, stupid heavy mass, and long tines that carried mass to the tips. Darn near wrecked the wife's vehicle. They are moving, but I have been seeing some with other bucks around as well. Doesn't seem like the rut has started quite yet. I know of 2 different 15pt bucks killed in the last 3 days. Both of them amazing.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Sure, NOW they are moving. One of my key guys just quit on me with no notice and I have no choice but to work this week. I will be out this weekend though.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
This past Sunday I went down to my property, and saw a lot of new rubs and scrapes from one end tot he other and then had scrape lines all over the 4wheeler trails. I also saw a lot of bucks on the cams as well. The bigger bucks were all late at night, and the juvenile are all hours of the day. Checking the weather report for this week/weekend, looking towards the end of the week, it might be a great time to get in the woods. The highs aren't going to be 50 and the lows are going to be down in the low 30s maybe upper 20s. So my plan is to get to the camp by Wed eve and hunt till Sunday. If that doesn't get these bucks moving on Halloween I'm going to be bummed. If the weather doesn't help. at least I'll be down for the 6th through the 16th.. follow the does and the bucks will follow come the Rut! :)

Smokey Vanes

SW OHIO
I have a big 8 on the cam at 5:38pm yesterday, they're definitely started to show themselves. I've been hunting 3 days a week all season and there's still more action in the evening it seems. Grunt called one in Sunday morning but I'm pretty sure he called my bluff because he kept himself behind a thicket patch. Point is...looks like they're starting to respond.

angelzd28

Ive got off from Nov 7 to the 11th. Gotta hit the woods as much as possible till then. Like you guys said cant kill them from the couch, although I day dream about it regularly, lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Calling for rain and snow here Saturday so that should kick it up another notch. Going out Sunday for sure and then starting Monday I will be out as much as I can. With Daylight savings time this weekend I should be able to get the boy dropped off at school and get to the stand before daybreak.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I seen a lot of deer on their feet this morning on the way into work. Once decent buck. A lot of it in my area is due to the amount of crops that have came off in the last 5 days. They are finally being forced out where we can see them.