Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Crossbow Suggestions

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I don't know chit about crossbows but I would do like joel and get a nice one for $700 and spend the rest on accessories.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Love my Excaliber. Very simple design. You get everything you need with the package deal except for the broadheads. This will be the forth season for mine and i have zero complaints about it.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Going on 5 years with the same Barnett, Its been a good bow. Don't buy a stryker, All kinds of problems with them.

I bought a quad 400 trying to save a few bucks and had nothing but problems. I know some people like them but I would never buy another Barnett after all the trouble I had with that one.

You can get a lot in a crossbow for the amount they are willing to spend. Even a hand crank Ten Point would fall into that category. Best thing IMO is to go to a place that will let you shoot them. Was at the range yesterday with one guy shooting a recurve style Xbow to my left and another guy with a Barnett to my right. The recurve one was loud as shit, scared the crap out of me when he cut loose 5 feet from me as I was at full draw. The Barnett one....was as quiet as most compound bows. Unbelievable difference in sound.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
I bought a quad 400 trying to save a few bucks and had nothing but problems. I know some people like them but I would never buy another Barnett after all the trouble I had with that one.
Ya the 400 is a sub par x bow. But Barnett has come a log way since the 400. I have the preaditor. It shoots 375 and I can shoot it 45 yards with my single red dot. A lot of people I know have newer Barnetts and love them. Personally I wouldn't buy anything that wont shoot atleast 350fps. And I don't like the scopes with multipal crosshairs. To many times you wont have time to figure out what crosshair to use in time. seen it happen many times. Deer don't always give you enough time to do all that. I can point and shoot out to 45yards. If I had the money, I'd own a Barnett goast 385 or 410. Much lighter then mine and better trigger.