Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Question about state parks

Mustang51js

Hey guys, in my research in moving to ohio in the future I realized I will have to get a house close to Columbus with not much land. So I started looking at state parks such as tar hollow state park. My question is can you park anywhere along the park roads and walk in,by me most state parks have designated parking lots. Also are atv's allowed on state parks. Maybe by the time I am ready to buy a house I will find one within 30 minutes of Columbus with 20-30 acres and in my price range,but if not I would like to get as much info as I can about public hunting. Thanks

Mustang51js

How are the state parks south east of Columbus for hunting pressure. Looks like a lot of acres to hunt but at same time I hear the public land gets hit hard in ohio.

epe

Lancaster
All the state parks get hammered.... I live south of Cbus and they get hit hard. We went to one to waterfowl hunt sat morning. Got there at 330 a.m. and someone was already there.

Mustang51js

Good to know, is that bow or gun season where they get hit hardest,talking deer season. I guess I will look into outside Columbus for some private land