Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Older Horton Xbows

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Anyone shooting a red dot scope may relate. I replace batteries once a year no matter what, but you never know when it is going to die. Odds are it will do it when you least expect it and at a bad time (In the stand).

Anyone with certain older Horton bows have a perfect place for an extra battery.

DSCN0802A.jpg

Place an extra 2032 Battery in the hole at the back of your stock.

DSCN0803A.jpg

Put a piece of tape over the hole and you will hardly know its there.
I used Gorilla Tape.

DSCN0805A.jpg

Anyone who doesn't have this area should find one of their own. Somewhere out of the way to stash an extra 2032 for just in case.

I have that same x bow with a red dot I bought for my son when he was younger. He shoots a bow now but I keep it around for when it's really cold and I have a lot of clothes on. Great idea, thanks buddy!

taramarietackett

I have a Horton Yukon SL and it jad a Walther red/green dot on it when I got it. I just upgraded to a Horton 4x32 scope and my shooting improved a ton. Maybe it is just me but I like the crosshairs much better...

Steelheadtracker

I have a yukon sl and literally just bought a new battery for the scope the other day lol. It's my back up bow though. I don't use a red dot but my scopes on both bows have illuminated reticles.