Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Uploading pictures

buckstar25

T-county
I can't upload pictures from my phone. The only way I can due it with my cell is screenshot. And then the pics are terrible. Anyone got any advice or had a similar issue?? Any help would be appreciated.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I haven't been able to upload pictures with TapaTalk since the upgrade a couple of weeks ago.Really sucks too. Anybody else still having problems?

buckstar25

T-county
Screenshots work fine....it lags during upload of the bigger file. Probably 30 seconds or so the I get a bubble at the bottom of screen that says " upload failed".

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414187662113.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414187662113.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 48

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The only way I can get pics posted using tapatalk is to go into my album and click the pic and go to post it somewhere on TOO. Doesn't really matter where because your not going to post it that way anyhow most likely. Just copy the link it inbeds and then back out and go to TOO on my web browser and go to the correct thread and paste the pic into my reply.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Should be a fix as it works a.o.k on other forums that have updated.

I am also having the same issue on an iPhone, IPad and S4.

PITA

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Should be a fix as it works a.o.k on other forums that have updated.

I am also having the same issue on an iPhone, IPad and S4.

PITA

Have to remember Joe said he wasn't fixing Tapatalk here just because he would have to update it every other week lol. I don't blame Joe, I wouldn't want to keep updating it as often as they upgrade the app. and then have to send out updated patches to fix what they messed up.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Have to remember Joe said he wasn't fixing Tapatalk here just because he would have to update it every other week lol. I don't blame Joe, I wouldn't want to keep updating it as often as they upgrade the app. and then have to send out updated patches to fix what they messed up.

It's not so much the having to update it all the time, it's more like damned if you do damned if you don't. What fixes the people on the new version could break the people on the old version. Crappy Chinese code with no backwards compatibility. You can very easily fix a couple people and break everyone else. The problem is I have zero control of app / code versions except updating the forum code. I'll update it tonight now that there's reports of other forums with working versions. The last thing you want to do as an IT guy (as you guys just found out) is run the latest and greatest version. It'll likely break stuff. Always run N -1. And let some other forum fix the bugs and deal with the headache of Chinese support.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It's not so much the having to update it all the time, it's more like damned if you do damned if you don't. What fixes the people on the new version could break the people on the old version. Crappy Chinese code with no backwards compatibility. You can very easily fix a couple people and break everyone else. The problem is I have zero control of app / code versions except updating the forum code. I'll update it tonight now that there's reports of other forums with working versions. The last thing you want to do as an IT guy (as you guys just found out) is run the latest and greatest version. It'll likely break stuff. Always run N -1. And let some other forum fix the bugs and deal with the headache of Chinese support.

That's pretty close to what I said in layman's terms lmao. It's a pain in the ass to fix every other week lol.

buckstar25

T-county
At least I know why now!? Man it is annoying as hell though! Redcloud, that must be why my Google photos would upload with the image code.....at any rate I just wanted to see if it was the phone or something else. Thanks for the help!