Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

hunting after work

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Looks like I'm only working 8 hours tomorrow. I should be able to get to my spot around 4:00. As a welder, I am usually pretty stinky after work from the smoke and fumes, unfortunately I'm not going to have time to go home and shower first so this is my plan...

I just smoked up a set of coveralls and a light weight shirt. I also just took a scent free shower. After work I am going straight to my spot, spraying down with scent killer, washing my face and hands with scent killer field wipes and putting myour smoked clothes on over my work clothes. Is there anything else I should do? Time is limited so I can't waste a bunch of it screwing around.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I've been washing my hair and upper body in a big sink after work before hunts . It ain't ideal but it helps. My old shop I reported to had a nice shower , but not the new place I transfered to .

jlane

dunn nc
i would keep the smoker with me, as soon as you get to area and park lite smoker, change clothes, smoke up, then go to stand, i;d take a chance on loosing 15 min, not to get busted, old smart doe just takes one time to suspect something is not right and then it;s on every time she comes to an area, she;ll be on the alert mode, hard to fool them old educated husseys

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'd bring the smoker and smoke up myself before getting the hunting clothes on especially your hair and hands.... I think the wipes will do a fair job but add the smoker and it should do the trick.... But I used too hunt after work and smell like hydraulic fluid back in the day and still harvested deer.... No wall hangers but got meat in the freezer lol.....