Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Frank's 2014 Fishing Thread

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
The crappie and saugeye bite are in full swing at Indian Lake, so I figured I would get this thread started. Got the boat pulled around last night and backed into the garage. Changed the gas and spark plug, rewired the boat trailer, trolling motor battery is charged, and the boat is all swept out and ready to go.

Heading down tomorrow after work to try my luck.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good luck, stay safe and remember that waters getting colder.... Keep the life jacket close lol.... Post your results....

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Thanks everyone, getting outta here a half a day today. Have some errands to run then hitting the lake. Will post pics if we get into them.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Crappie didn't hit as well as we hoped. Got 6 over the 9 inch minimum. Caught a heck of a mess of bluegill though. Will post pics when I get in front of computer tomorrow.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Thanks!

Did some bank fishing yesterday afternoon with no luck. Heading back out on the boat this afternoon to try for some bluegill and crappie.

Fall Stats
Bluegill: 45
Crappie: 6
Saugeye: 0

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
A little slow yesterday evening with the water temps back up in the mid 50's, but managed to land 17 bluegill, 11 crappie, and a perch.

Fall Stats
Bluegill: 62
Crappie: 17
Saugeye: 0
Perch: 1

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very nice. Have fun out there Drake. Enjoy the time with your dad. Nothing like it in my opinion. Older I get, the more I appreciate it.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Nice fishing Drake. Most of my buddy's have been hitting the banks for the Saugeye down there. They've been going to several spots a night to find fish. If I ever get my Buck, I will be after them in the evenings

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Nice fishing Drake. Most of my buddy's have been hitting the banks for the Saugeye down there. They've been going to several spots a night to find fish. If I ever get my Buck, I will be after them in the evenings

Are they catching them after dark? I've heard of a few guys that are getting them from the bank after dark. I've never tried it at night down there.

This cold weather coming in ought to fire the saugeye up.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Are they catching them after dark? I've heard of a few guys that are getting them from the bank after dark. I've never tried it at night down there.

This cold weather coming in ought to fire the saugeye up.
Yea, usually right at sunset and then after. Moundwood channel and dream bridge. And some other lesser known spots that I have never been to

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Made it out for some bank fishing today. It was a slow day but did manage 1 decent Saugeye, 5 Crappie, and a Bluegill.

Fall Stats
Bluegill: 63
Crappie: 22
Saugeye: 1
Perch: 1