Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

rush run wildlife area sw ohio

Cummingetit

Never deer hunted out there but been out rabbit huntin a few times. Like most public ground in s/w OH it seems a bit over hunted. Definately tough to find decent public ground around here

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I've been down there before. I won't go back. Daggum game wardens comes up to me asking me if I have a hunting license and deer tags, while I'm trying to hunt. I said yeah I have em. So off they go walking around in the wood looking for more hunters to ask. Wtf?! Hueston woods doesn't do that. At hueston wood s The game warden would wait by your car until you get done.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Never deer hunted out there but been out rabbit huntin a few times. Like most public ground in s/w OH it seems a bit over hunted. Definately tough to find decent public ground around here
yeah I agree. Last time I went with an old friend of mine we was trying to find a spot and happened to bump into couple of guys by their spot. We didn't mean too. We said we're sorry and off we go and they managed to shoot their shotgun up the air towards us. We ducked down like WTF?!

Cummingetit

Yeah, it gets a little sketchy out there at times. Buddy of mine used to go out w/ his dad for the youth pheasant hunt and said if you jumped one you could pretty well hear the bird shot raining down