Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Evercalm?

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I tried it last yr . I know some people like it but it ain't for me . . I had alot of otherwise calm deer lock up and begin searching the area when i used it . I'm not using it at all this yr .

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Lots of talk about it last season. Haven't heard much thus year though. I still have some and use it once in a while. Put it on the soles of my boots and the palms of my gloves.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I love it, i put it on my boots before I walk to the stand. And once in my stand, I like to rub it on the tree trunk around me. Between that and the ss, I honestly don't even worry about wind direction

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
First season using it I had a 6.5 year old buck following my 3 hour old boot tracks to his death. I don't go in the woods without it.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Dang, I should of tried selling the remainder of the stick in the classifieds here instead of chunking it in the trash . Like I said , it never spooked deer persay. But otherwise unconcerned deer would lock up and begin searching the area ....they weren't looking for people but their focus on the area definitely increased.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I used it a couple of years ago all season. I never put it on my boots but I did use it around my stand every time I sat. It seemed to work keeping deer calm when they came through. I rubbed it on 3 or 4 trees around my stand. I also rubbed it on the trees my cameras were attached to every time I checked them. Only reason I haven't used it this year is the price. $20 for about a 4 week supply is a little pricey. I've spent WAY too much on scents over the last few years so I'm trying to cut back. All I'm using this year is Dead Down Wind for my boots, Scent Smoker for my clothes and when the time comes Tinks 69 for an attractant.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I always get mine off Ebay with free shipping.
I've been using it for the last 2 yrs. and won't leave home without it. I use a drag pad tied to my boot to walk in. I had bucks and does walking and standing on my walking in path when I shot them. In 2013 the buck I shot was on a trail 20 yds. away and downwind. I was smoked up and had my walk in drag pad hanging on my ladder steps. The buck stopped 2 times to test the wind for a smell and turned off the trail and walked straight towards me. Was he coming to the smoke smell or the Evercalm scent smell I don't know as I shot him at 12 yds.
I'm convinced it works and it's the only scent I buy.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ConQuest-12...286?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item54124db4b6

I always get mine off Ebay with free shipping.
I've been using it for the last 2 yrs. and won't leave home without it. I use a drag pad tied to my boot to walk in. I had bucks and does walking and standing on my walking in path when I shot them. In 2013 the buck I shot was on a trail 20 yds. away and downwind. I was smoked up and had my walk in drag pad hanging on my ladder steps. The buck stopped 2 times to test the wind for a smell and turned off the trail and walked straight towards me. Was he coming to the smoke smell or the Evercalm scent smell I don't know as I shot him at 12 yds.
I'm convinced it works and it's the only scent I buy.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ConQuest-12...286?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item54124db4b6

If Dunhams don't have it I will prob go that route, thanks Frank.

Get your 20% off coupon and get it at Dunhams. I use the stuff on mock scrapes and any time I walk through the woods to get to a stand. Don't bother with it when I walk the creek in though but I do put it at the base of the tree now and then too. Haven't had any negatives yet that I've seen.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Only downside I see? My wife can't stand the smell of my car this time of the year. She looked at me the other day and flat out said "Your car smells like ass." I smiled and said "Yeah, deer ass."

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
This will be my third season using it. The deer that have crossed my trail have stopped and checked it out. They never spooked and usually come right down the trail.