Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

wafers, do you use them

jlane

dunn nc
i know some of you use the fresh earth wafers, but do you use the doe in estrus wafers, and have you had any luck with them

Diablo54

Outside
Fresh earth
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413548507.259799.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
I shot a buck in WV over a "Buckrut" flavored one back in 1999 or 2000, which is the only time I ever had a deer come running to scent wafer. I put that wafer up, climbed into my stand, and saw him coming fast and on a string before I even got my bow pulled up. he trotted right to the damn thing, put his nose up to it and I shot him bare fingered at 7 yards. I used them a few times in conjunction with rattling/calling with my decoy, too. pretty sure the deer that I could tell actually smelled them seldom paid them any more attention that just simple curiosity. waste of time and money, imo.

Mustang51js

This year is the first time I'm going to try nothing but scent control. I used the scent wafers past years and never seemed to help,some say the deer still get alarmed because of the stronger scent

teej89

NE PA
nope but used to use a doe tail and a wafer sprayed w/ doe in heat and hung it from a tree. Shot my first buck over it. With a gentle wind it makes the tail wave and he came right up to it.