Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB German Shepherd or lab pup

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I've been flirting with the idea of getting another dog. We have aa female beagle right now, she's about 5. I'm wanting a German Shepherd or a lab, preferably yellow lab. If you guys know of any breeders or any for sale, that would be great. I'm wanting a male, and a young pup.

I am also planning on getting another lab pup ......but I want to wait till spring

But thinking about the 2 choices you list
Both make good pets
But are ......on different ends of the working dog breeds

As the lab is a "Hunting" breed and the German Shepherd is more of a "controll" breed
I am not saying either is a bad choice
I am just saying know what you want the dog to be like and what inbreed traits the dog will have

Injoy whatever you choise
I am looking at a lab for both a pet and a dog to find ducks and pheasants

John

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Will be breeding my female here this week.. She is ready and so is her boyfriend... Probably won't throw any yellows but moundy I would look at dog personality well before any color.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
How long will that make it until they arrive milo? And you know, you're right. My dad had a yellow, and he was the best dog on the planet, so I was being biased based on that. When they're pups, can you decider their personality very well though?

I love my yellow lab and our German Shepherd! There ya go....get both!!

The lab is by far the best dog I have ever owned, he's my buddy!

The GS is by far the best watch dog I have ever owned, she's my wife and kid's buddy!! Couldn't ask for anything more of her.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Based on timeline I expect them to be born around Christmas and that puts them ready around end of february. As far as personality, the parents are a good indicator as to demeanor in my opinion. If you spend the time with them they are fantastic. I got this female based upon knowing the owner and how I know he is (and wouldn't put up with a misbehaving dog) and jesses recommendation. I can tell you if I didn't have this dog, I'd want the dog I'm breeding her too. Great dog

Milo

Tatonka guide.
image.jpg

Here is lucy

Milo

Tatonka guide.
sorry had to have some fun... she is in the 65-63 pound range currently and i believe storm is in the 75 pound range so these pups should be good sized..

Milo

Tatonka guide.
image.jpg

Here she is on a retrieve..that's a full size goose retriever decoy in her mouth

teej89

NE PA
Lucy is a heck of a pup man! Obedient like no other. Personally I love chocolates, i've had 3 black labs, a yellow and a chocolate and a chocolate that's lucy's size is perfect. I'm also considering taking milo up on a pup if they're not already accounted for