Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gambrel

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I had an idea about how to make my own gambrel that'd be easy to carry, lightweight, to put it together, and easy to put in and out of my backpack. So, I decided to make something at work of a gambrel. So, it turned out better than I thought. I saved myself a lot of money All this was in scrap. So, I figure why waste it, use something useful... :pickle: What ya'll think? Maybe something you could make for yourself?

Gambrel3 (800x450).jpg

gambrel2 (800x450).jpgGambrel1 (800x450).jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Looks good. Just keep an eye on that nut and bolt as that is the only thing I could see that might give you any problems if you get a heavy deer on there.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Yeah. It's a scrap...no money waste. Figured why not and what if I couldn't take the deer with me car broke down or no gas...at least it be off the ground to keep the coyote away?? Why not, lol

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like it'll do the trick just fine.

For gambrels, keep your eyes peeled for end of season sales at the box stores. I got a stupid good deal on some last season at Rural King. I got the 4:1 pulley system with gambrel for like 3 dollars... Needless to say I bought every one they had on the shelf. Lol