Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Be careful out there guys

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Got a call from a buddy in Tennessee one of the guys I've hunted with down there had an accident he was hooking his boys harness in and his stand gave way he grabbed for the other stand and it came out of the tree to Jeremy broke his back in 2 spots and his boy has a big head wound. I was told there looking into criminal activity because it looked like the straps were cut.they had harnesses but were not tied in yet. Make sure you tie off and check your stands something we all overlook.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Jeez o Pete! A cut strap is just bad news. Whomever did that needs some serious punishment, and I hope they can find out who it was!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's crazy. Hope they will be Ok. I also hope if there was somebody messing with the stands they find out who and give them backwoods justice. That's just wrong on so many levels. Would be nice if they could be charged with attempted murder or something like that. Bet that would stop others from messing with stands.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hope they make full recoveries. If that was me and I recovered, and found out who did it, I'd need help burying bodies. Or at least starting a fire.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I'd say of they find anyone that knows anything they won't make a phone call to the police. There a lot of spots in the mountains there nobody would ever look.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I hope recover OK. I had a somewhat similar thing happen to me. I had permission to hunt a large farm I was doing crop permits on and the owners buddies wanted me gone. I climbed into my permanent stand in the dark and put my hand into a pile of human crap. Some sicko did a job on my seat. I told the owner if I found out who did it I would plant a tree over the human fertilizer. He sent the word out and they must have believed me as I had no more problems.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Dang. Prayers sent to both of them. You're a special kind of asshole to stoop to that extreme.

teej89

NE PA
damn that's ridiculous! Just pisses me off someone could even think of doing that too. And the fact it happened to a kid, you're saying boy so I'm assuming he's young. I hope they find em and make em "disappear".

As a side note I've thought of people doing that to me so I always inspect my straps before stepping on the stand.