Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good suggestions on a meat grinder

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
All depends on what your budget is. We got a small one from cabelas on sale for $119 and it seems to work fine. Its not as fast as the larger ones but I'm not a butcher shop either.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Like BigSlam said, it really depends on how much you are going to use it as well as your budget. Here is the only one that I've had personal experience with:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200451267_200451267

I've had this unit for close to 10 years now I would say, works great for the 1-2 deer a year that gets put through as well as an occasional hog. Might not be the fastest or most powerful on the market, but it has served me well for the money.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Like BigSlam said, it really depends on how much you are going to use it as well as your budget. Here is the only one that I've had personal experience with:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200451267_200451267

I've had this unit for close to 10 years now I would say, works great for the 1-2 deer a year that gets put through as well as an occasional hog. Might not be the fastest or most powerful on the market, but it has served me well for the money.

That's the same size we have.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
LED and Bass Pro sells them. Not cheap but it's will be a life time investment.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I just bought a little Back to Basic one from Amazon. It's small, but all I need. It works great, especially after you put the cutting blade on correctly as opposed to backward! lmao

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Word of advice Dustin....buy as much grinder as you can fit into your budget. You will be glad you did. I like my LEM...found it on ebay.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I have the 1/2hp that Gander Mountain sold. My wife bought it probably 8 years ago. I've ground up so many deer and hogs with it that Im always afraid its gonna just die some day. It never really bogs down and probably will do 30lbs in 10 minutes or so

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
If anyone has a grinder that is just not doing what it used to: Get new blades and plate for it. The old ones can be sent out to be resharpened. Don't just get the blades to save money....Both pieces wear out together.

Buckmaster

Portage
My grinder is a #32 hand crank model. I added a wheel, a belt, and a 1 hp electric motor.
Now it can grind about 300 pound per hour.