Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Where did the Bucks Go???

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Rut is fast approaching and the bucks are not going to be on "normal" patterns. Food sources change, hunting pressure is adding. There are a lot of factors.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I still have not seen a buck this year while hunting so you are not alone. Ive got plenty hanging around and on camera at night but they arent showing themselves here either.

Been about a week since Ive seen a deer at all from the blind actually!

rsmith

Having the same problem, both my hit list bucks changed location completly right before the season started, I still see bucks during daylight just not the ones I'm looking for. But if you have does than I wouldn't worry that much because they will lure in the big boys in about 2 weeks or so, just hold tight and maybe move your camera around a little, my deer have learned the range of the camera and i can honestly say that because they stand right at about 15 yards away from it, or they just are right behind it or walking around it, maybe move it do a different trail, one that looks very faint and almost like it's new, those are the best ones. Or over a scrape

redeye33

New here to the forums, live 45 minutes south east of cleveland. I have seen a few bucks every day during daylight all of a sudden the last 5 days. One is a nice 10 that I have seen 3 times during daylight behind my house in the crossing a field. I think I got his bedding area based on his movements. Scent checking the wind and ground always. Got some does living next to house. Dont use cameras, too risky in my opinion. I am getting pumped.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
New here to the forums, live 45 minutes south east of cleveland. I have seen a few bucks every day during daylight all of a sudden the last 5 days. One is a nice 10 that I have seen 3 times during daylight behind my house in the crossing a field. I think I got his bedding area based on his movements. Scent checking the wind and ground always. Got some does living next to house. Dont use cameras, too risky in my opinion. I am getting pumped.

Welcome! Where ya from?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I only hunted Sunday so far in 2014 and seen 11 does in 3 hrs. and no bucks. In 2013 I took a doe during early ML season and seen 7 does in 2 days and no bucks. Didn't seen any bucks until Oct. 26 and seen 4 in 2 morning hunts and seen no does in 12 hrs.
I agree on the October lull.