Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Crossbow from a treestand

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I was reading another thread and it got me thinking. Shooting a crossbow from a 15' tall tree stand is my arrow going to hit pretty much the same place it would if I was shooting from the ground?? I understand the angle that the arrow is going into the deer will be different and I need to consider that.

The area my stand is in is a little thick. I have nice shooting lanes cut and realistic distance for the deer to be in shooting range is going to be 25 yards or less. Farther than that and there is going to be trees or brush in the way at this spot, if I can even see the deer. I'm thinking this is not much of an issue but maybe it's best to run it by some of the veterans here before missing a shot at a big buck.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
That's kind of what I figured, thank you. I did a little research after I posted this and didn't really find anything that concerned me. Looks like it could be an issue from a really high stand at a long distance but shouldn't affect me enough to worry about much.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Arrow will be approx 1 inch high @ impact....depending on height and distance. If you can simulate your shot (at home) that will teach you a lot about your arrow flight.

Treed

Stark County
One of my neighbors already hates us. I'll make sure to do it wearing a straw hat and wife beater or somethin'. :smiley_bril:

You can complete that ensemble with some baggy old boxers and work boots, no socks. If you know they're watching, crack a can of beer and drain it then treat them to a thunderous belch as you toss the empty off the roof. Itch your butt once or twice then take your shot. Good times. Reminds me of home.

Isaacorps

Columbus
You can complete that ensemble with some baggy old boxers and work boots, no socks. If you know they're watching, crack a can of beer and drain it then treat them to a thunderous belch as you toss the empty off the roof. Itch your butt once or twice then take your shot. Good times. Reminds me of home.
One of my all time favorite posts rotflmao