Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Early ML season

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck and be safe to everyone going out this weekend. Going to work the Dayton gunshow today and hunt on Sunday. Plan to give the meat to a friend who can't hunt anymore.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yep good luck TOO the guys going out also. I will be road scouting this weekend with the binos looking at the bucks i cant shoot lol.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got home about 6:30PM and my son seen a 12-14 pt. buck cross the road go through my front pasture and just walk South towards the back of my farm.
Pull back to the house and 2 does are feeding in my front yard about 50 yds. from the front door.
Then I went down to check and water the cattle. Their fine so I checked the electric fence. I had to replace over 20 insulators in a 300 ft. section. Deer are rough on fences this time of the year.

Plan to go out tomorrow morning as my nephew found a processor to do jerky and sausage.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Missed my opportunity this morning. Had a doe come in at first light feeding on acorns, went to stick the barrel of the muzzy out of my shed window and she must of caught the movement. I was wanting to kill one on my wedding day, but oh well.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Missed my opportunity this morning. Had a doe come in at first light feeding on acorns, went to stick the barrel of the muzzy out of my shed window and she must of caught the movement. I was wanting to kill one on my wedding day, but oh well.

So did you reschedule the wedding since you didn't kill one? rotflmao

I'm assuming you went ahead and got married anyhow. If so- congrats!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

Congrats on getting hitched Chad!

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The deer herd numbers are OK here in SW Ohio. Seen 11 does and yearlings in just 3 hrs. Don't feel bad at all of taking just one doe.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
This is just lovely.. Increased amount of kills on a shrinking Ohio deer heard.

Probably more people out plus the nice weather and all..... Helped make it higher.... It's certainly not more deer in any of our core areas that's for sure....