Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Make sure you use the right tag this weekend

teej89

NE PA
Saw this a couple weeks before bow opener. Good thing I saw it or I woulda been using antlerless tags in muskingum. Figured I'd spread the word just in case.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412904580.057595.jpg

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Yea that whole thing is a joke. All about the $$. I'm just lucky I hunt in an area where I can't use antlerless :smiley_blackeye: More money out of my pocket.

No offense to your DNR :smiley_depressive: but shouldn't they just have ONE either sex tag and then the others ANTLERLESS ONLY since you can only shoot ONE BUCK anyways?!?!?! Seems silly that they are doing it this way :smiley_coolpeace:

OR they could just have a BUCK tag and ANTLERLESS tags.......

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
No offense to your DNR :smiley_depressive: but shouldn't they just have ONE either sex tag and then the others ANTLERLESS ONLY since you can only shoot ONE BUCK anyways?!?!?! Seems silly that they are doing it this way :smiley_coolpeace:

Chuck quit trying to think logically. : )

Lundy

That would for sure have hunters yelling that it is all just a money grab even more than they do now.

Many hunters that only purchase one "either sex tag" would have to purchase two tags, antlered and antlerless, from the get go to have the option of shooting either a buck or a doe with their first tag.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That would for sure have hunters yelling that it is all just a money grab even more than they do now.

Many hunters that only purchase one "either sex tag" would have to purchase two tags, antlered and antlerless, from the get go to have the option of shooting either a buck or a doe with their first tag.

C'mon Lundy, give us a break. We are hunters. You know we will complain about the DNR "pretty much" no matter what they do. :smiley_crocodile:

About like farmers or (cough cough), lawn mower jockeys complaining about the weather. Too much rain. Not enough rain. Too hot. Not warm enough. Hunters are the same with the DNR.

You have a valid point. There would be complaints. Still a screwy and confusing mess. You need to follow the tag rules pretty close or you might screw them up. Trust me. I know a guy who thought he could "just buy another tag" one time and ended up doe hunting the rest of the season.:smiley_blackeye: