Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bowhunting this weekend?

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
We are trying to find out if you can shoot a buck with a bow this weekend or muzzleloader does only. The Ohio DNR site is completely useless and impossible to navigate through.

I'm not gonna lie. I hate these two days, gun season and muzzleloader because it means trespassers. I hate to vent but it happens every year, even though my properties are heavily posted. This am I get a text from a buddy who says someone is walking through our woods with a flashlight. I just don't understand. Aggravates me. And not to mention I truly believe Ohio made a huge mistake with The antlerless early muzzleloader season. Don't think it should exist but, I'm not the ODNR. Sorry for the venting. Been up all night and need my coffee

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm not gonna lie. I hate these two days, gun season and muzzleloader because it means trespassers. I hate to vent but it happens every year, even though my properties are heavily posted. This am I get a text from a buddy who says someone is walking through our woods with a flashlight. I just don't understand. Aggravates me. And not to mention I truly believe Ohio made a huge mistake with The antlerless early muzzleloader season. Don't think it should exist but, I'm not the ODNR. Sorry for the venting. Been up all night and need my coffee

I'm not a fan of it either. But it's better than the bonus gun season two weeks after regular gun. At least after shotgun there's almost a whole month before muzzy.

reo

N.E. Ohio
In my neck of the woods there are less people out than if it was just a regular bow weekend. Very very few shots as well.