Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lotsa scrapes

nis1

Anyone else seeing this? I work at a camp in NE Ohio that is loaded with deer. Found a few scrapes opened up today when I was taking a group of kids on a nature hike. One of my coworkers also said she saw a big buck this morning at about 9. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412882367.443064.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412882463.148398.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412882500.751540.jpg

rsmith

I seen several the second day of season but they were just territorial scrapes on a couple edges.

Mine were as well, just inside the woods from my plot with a locking branch above it, it was cool watching him make it in front of me though

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Scrape action surely has kicked off. Friday I hunted and saw just a few going in, but Saturday going in I saw even more. Today was great, I had multiple buck encounters and some of the younger bucks were even bumping some of the does. The 2 mature bucks I had in my area, did make up some scrapes of their own and hit my mock scrape too, but one was busted up that was inside bow range and the shooter buck was at 76yards. So in my area, bucks are getting closer to getting things going. Good luck to all.