Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Plat Maps?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
anyone have any recent plat maps for belmont/noble/Guernsey counties? I dont think any of these are available online.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Come on Albert! lmao

There is no such thing as a "plat map". That's like saying "buck deer". A map can depict any number of things: topo, aerial, roads, etc. A plat is a map showing the division of parcels of land. A plat is a map, but a map does not have to be a plat. Same as a buck is a deer, but a deer does not have to be a buck.

I was raised by a surveyor and this is just a pet peeve, so I have to point it out. As ridiculous as "buck deer" sounds to you guys, "plat map" sounds just as ridiculous to me! LOL

That said, did you try the county auditor's page for those counties?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Come on Albert! lmao

There is no such thing as a "plat map". That's like saying "buck deer". A map can depict any number of things: topo, aerial, roads, etc. A plat is a map showing the division of parcels of land. A plat is a map, but a map does not have to be a plat. Same as a buck is a deer, but a deer does not have to be a buck.

I was raised by a surveyor and this is just a pet peeve, so I have to point it out. As ridiculous as "buck deer" sounds to you guys, "plat map" sounds just as ridiculous to me! LOL

That said, did you try the county auditor's page for those counties?

1. That makes 100% sense
2. I am ashamed and embarrassed
3. I will check again but last time I checked none of them had them online. Had to pickup, which is an issue for me at the moment!

that you for correcting that mistake, I have been sounding like an idiot for at least 4 or 5 years.......:smiley_blackeye:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
HAHA. No worries bud. A lot of people say it. I only correct people so they can avoid sounding like an idiot in front of people who know better! lmao

I checked online and it doesn't appear they are available. I might be able to hook you up in Noble once I switch jobs. I'll keep you posted.

Treed

Stark County
Onx Maps Hunt. It's an application you can get for your smart phone or your PC that will tell you who owns every piece of land in the state, how big it is, property lines, ect, along with the same for all public lands. You can get a free trial that lasts a week, maybe two. In a word, it's awesome. Go check it out.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
HAHA. No worries bud. A lot of people say it. I only correct people so they can avoid sounding like an idiot in front of people who know better! lmao

I checked online and it doesn't appear they are available. I might be able to hook you up in Noble once I switch jobs. I'll keep you posted.

thank you for letting me know.

Also let me know about the Noble. I found an OLD belmont one, and I can use that for now. I am needing Noble bad!

thank you!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Onx Maps Hunt. It's an application you can get for your smart phone or your PC that will tell you who owns every piece of land in the state, how big it is, property lines, ect, along with the same for all public lands. You can get a free trial that lasts a week, maybe two. In a word, it's awesome. Go check it out.

looks cool, I dont see anything for a free trial tho?