Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Carry other than IWB?

Huckleberry Finn

I've been pocket carrying my J-Frame in a Desantis SuperFly in cargo shorts and love it.

I can't find an IWB holster that feels comfortable (tried Crossbreed, Galco and have a 1-clip Desantis) and am thinking about just doing an OWB for the cold weather. My jeans pockets aren't deep enough for the Superfly.

Thinking about a leather holster with a thumb break. I know a few guys carry the J-frame and hoping for some good options.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I carried my J frame in a Galco Jakslide. My buddy swears by them. He even carries full frame 1911's in them. It covers the cylinder and entire trigger of my 642.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
J frame with Galco paddle holster here. I dont personally like a thumb break holster and would rather have kydex with good retention.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Meh, I am of no help really. I carry IWB or pocket only. OWB is usually for around the cabin/woods carry and rarely then.

The only requirement I have for OWB carry is it had to be easy to take on and off. That limits me quit a bit and usually means a pancake holster.

Not a fan of thumb breaks. If I need it out I want it out, NOW!

Huckleberry Finn

I bought a Galco pancake and love it. I wasn't sure about not having a thumb break, but that was a little silly. I know that it will break in, but with an unloaded gun, I swung it around like a pinata and it didn't come out. I'm sure I could do cartwheels in it if I knew how to do a cartwheel. Comfortable while driving too.