Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vinton county trespassers/thieves

tarheelkid

This past weekend I found that one of our trail cameras was stolen. While setting up one of our other cams to go back out into the woods, I notice that there are some pics on its internal memory. Low and behold it's what looks like a father son team that was walking our property after we left on the last day of gun season last year. When I pulled the cam this spring it was turned off and there was no card in it. I initially thought we may have left it this way, but that wasn't the case. Somehow the cam got pictures of these guys even though they had turned it off(or maybe they came back later, but either way we got their picture).

I showed the picture to one neighbor and he said he didn't know the guys, but maybe somebody here does.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Print the pic and take it to the local sporting goods store, convenience store, bar, and Police. Hopefully someone can help.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
not trying to say your wrong but could they have just been trespassing, and the boy said look a camera, and the dad said, come one lets go?

thats is what it looks like to me, I dont know your farm but looks like that might have happened. Either way I hope you catch them.

teej89

NE PA
man that sucks and I never thought of checking the internal memory! My cam last gun season was turned off and the card was pulled. It's a moultrie, I wonder if it has some pics saved in it.

tarheelkid

not trying to say your wrong but could they have just been trespassing, and the boy said look a camera, and the dad said, come one lets go?

thats is what it looks like to me, I dont know your farm but looks like that might have happened. Either way I hope you catch them.

The last pic, if you zoom in you can see the SD card between the fingers...at the very least they are card thieves.

This property has had a few trespassers every year. But mainly just kids shed hunting or walking the creek. This is the first time a cam has went missing. We are afraid of putting a dummy can up trying to get a picture because we would hate to lose another good one if they happened to spot the good one. It sucks not being able to run a camera to try and get Buck pics this time of year, and it really sucks to have to take the steps out of the treestands and put them back in after every hunt.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
The last pic, if you zoom in you can see the SD card between the fingers...at the very least they are card thieves.

This property has had a few trespassers every year. But mainly just kids shed hunting or walking the creek. This is the first time a cam has went missing. We are afraid of putting a dummy can up trying to get a picture because we would hate to lose another good one if they happened to spot the good one. It sucks not being able to run a camera to try and get Buck pics this time of year, and it really sucks to have to take the steps out of the treestands and put them back in after every hunt.

man i didnt notice that, Id like to stomp that fat little kid for ya! Shoot man! I wish there was something we could do to help out more! Best of luck!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's definitely a girl! Look at how she has her hair in a ponytail inside of her hood and toboggan! Prolly a GF or sister but definitely a girl, IMO.