Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WV success

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
My son and I hunted our WV farm yesterday. We have 22 acres surrounded by public land. I grunted in a 95" 8 point on the state ground and Tyler took him down. I was able to get the video cam on it just before the shot. It happened quick. In the evening I grunted in a 112" 8 point on our property and was able to get him down. I have a trail camera there that took a pic seconds before the shot. These were both really good deer for that area. I even had a bobcat at 10 yards. I squaked to stop him and he meowed at me. Really cool encounter.

Pic just before shot. My stand is in the tree to the upper far right.

Trail cam pic of my buck

Last edited:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
heck ya man! thats awesome!

so you own a farm in WV and Ohio? Thats pretty badass, get to hunt both! Now just get one in KY for velvet bucks in early Sept!

Good shooting!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
heck ya man! thats awesome!

so you own a farm in WV and Ohio? Thats pretty badass, get to hunt both! Now just get one in KY for velvet bucks in early Sept!

Good shooting!

Yeah, the WV farm was my great grandfather's. It used to be 122 acres but my gramdmas siblings sold 100 acres to the State for $20,000 in the 80s. Very disheartening. We even have 2 houses on the 22 acres. It's a great get away place to just go hunt and not look for a giant.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Yeah, the WV farm was my great grandfather's. It used to be 122 acres but my gramdmas siblings sold 100 acres to the State for $20,000 in the 80s. Very disheartening. We even have 2 houses on the 22 acres. It's a great get away place to just go hunt and not look for a giant.

thats cool! sometimes just go and enjoy the hunt and not care about the horn is the best type of hunts! Congrats again!