Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bicycle bow hunting

bigcutters4

The last 6 yrs we've hade a 700 acre lease this year we will not be hunting it due to loging in the middle of hunting season so we going to try and hunt a state forest off of a mountain bike due to lots of bridal trails idk if this is gonna work but we gonna give it a go .

Will be interesting to hear how it works out. I tried using a mountain bike one year to get out into the state park to hunt near my home. Think I worked up more of a sweat trying to gut through the sandy spots and small hills than if I were to walk it. Part of my problem was I just had a soft sided bow case that I tied to my back pack for my bow. Wasn't very stable and kept shifting all around. I'd say something mounted to the bike would be the way to go for that.

rooster85

Lake County
I know a few guys that use bike out west, they have small lightweight trailers to carry their gear and what not. Pretty slick set ups. Good luck and post up some pics.n

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
If any rangers see you, they will tell you it's a no go, I already asked them.

It also doesn't work. With your gear on and boots, and bow, and hills, you're in for a workout. It's much easier to walk, but hey.....

bigcutters4

Thanks I didn't know about the no bike law gonna have to check that out before we haul 3 bikes for nothing . My bow mounts on the handle bars and I'm in the process of building a small rear rack for stand. If it's a no go in state park I can always use it at our place in Kansas .