Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2014 Deer harvest to date.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Not trying to be argumentative, but a lot of guys stayed home because of the warm temps. Let's see what happens after it cools off a bit.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not trying to be argumentative, but a lot of guys stayed home because of the warm temps. Let's see what happens after it cools off a bit.

Agreed, most of my hunting buddies haven't been out either..... Waiting for cooler temps.... Couple of friends that did go out have already scored for their antlerless tag....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Down 50% here. Also I've stayed home all week due to hot weather and R&D projects.
I should be hitting it next week.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Its always warm opening weekend. Same guys that stayed home, probably always stay home. Generally speaking of course. I'm sure it contributed, but I don't think it was a huge factor.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
It was a perfect day on that opening day this year for my BIL and I. Soon as the temp. Dropped within half hour two doe came by. I smoked her. Then the next day it was hot as hell. Lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Its always warm opening weekend. Same guys that stayed home, probably always stay home. Generally speaking of course. I'm sure it contributed, but I don't think it was a huge factor.

Agreed. Just a quick look says the temps last year opening week were lows in the upper 50s highs in the upper 70s to low 80s. About the same as this year. If anything more non hardcore hunters should have been out. I bet 50% of the crops are off up here. Last year they were up until late October.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hell. Some farmers are already done and plowing. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412256225.982709.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That's crazy. I've been monitoring crop harvest for 8-9 years now and this is by far the earliest I can recall. Should make the rut absolutely fantastic of the weather cooperates.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Less deer killed - great news! There are less tags available, so perhaps people aren't so quick to kill every deer seen. None of these numbers really matter until the end of the season as it will all come out in the wash.