Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lima gunshow

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just reminder the Lima gunshow starts their yearly season this weekend. The show is at the Allan County Fairgrounds the 1st full weekend of each month Oct-May.
Looks like I'll be there in Oct. then off Nov & Dec as my son will go. Gotta deer hunt you know. LOL
Going to take along all my surplus brass to sell.
Stop by and say hi.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I find the prices the cheapest around because the table rent is only 20.00. And about 40-50% are club members and don't go anywhere else.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have went a couple times and it has been more of a gun show than anyone wanting to sell. Most things were 5% off new prices on used guns.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The Lima gunshow turned out as a great one. I sold 7 of my inventory reduction and bought 2 vintage collectors and both priced right.
Since I'm moving my reloading room I'm making 3 piles of stuff. 1 is scrape, 1 for keeper stuff, and 1 for sale stuff.
I took 17 ammo cans of brass to the show after I took out what I wanted to use and that sold well. Plus all my misc. die parts', die boxes, and powder measures. All these sales go into my dream Africa Hunt fund and that's shaping up just fine.
I also found 21 old Lee manual shotgun and Target Model rifle reloading kits. Plus I bought 5 of the Lee shotgun manual reloading kits at the show. All these will go onto Ebay to get top money. They haven't been made for 30 odd years and sell well.

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Glad you had a good show. I need to start the search for pistol powder. May have to pay more than I would like.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
In order of preference...

CFE pistol
Titegroup
Universal Clays

You would have to pick all the tough ones not available. I would recommend going back to some of the old time powders like Win 231, HP38. Acca. #5, Unique. Those should be available. The newer powders have such a demand it doesn't last long.
Sending PM