Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need some input on BBQ grills

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We've had our grill for over 10 years and have changed about everything on it in that time, with grates numerous times..... Looking too replace it with one that'll hold up a little better.... I like the ease of propane so we'll stay with that and we use it year round rain or shine.... I like venison off of the grill most times or out of a crockpot the rest so it gets used 3-4 times a week.....
What's y'all's experience with and likes dislikes on some brands out there....

Buckmaster

Portage
I have two CharBroil commercial stainless grills. One three burner, one four burner. One at home and the other at camp.
Both are registered for their 99 year warranty. You need to buy their commercial series though to get on the program.

I'm headed the other direction for a while as I just bought a Weber charcoal grill at a yard sale recently for $ 15.00.
Now I'm well stocked for the winter with 5 bags of charcoal.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Weber. I have an e330 now and never thought they were worth the extra $. They are. Quality materials and build.

I have had Charbroil commercial and it did the best out of the lower cost ones I have had. It lasted 5 years before needing guts replaced after being covered but still not cleaned internally as much as it should have been.

The Weber is 5 times the unit of anything I have had before.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah I saw the webers and then the cost lol.... They're pricey but the reviews are pretty amazing....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
This is what will kill you.

I found mine on Craigslist for $100, and ended up giving the guy $60. Lol. I would spend $850 though on a new one if I needed it. It will last four times as long as the $400 ones.

Huckleberry Finn

I bought a Thermos brand grill at Menard's during their Labor Day weekend / end of season sale. I paid under $100. It works exactly like it should. I don't intend to own it the rest of my life, but I figure that if I can get 3 seasons out of it, I'll be happy.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I bought a 100% inside and out stainless model over 10 yrs. ago and it's still like new. No burn outs. I do store it inside the garage.
My son bought the same model at the same time but stored it outside and lasted 9 yrs. Not sure what went wrong with it.
I would recommend a 100% stainless model. Cost more but last almost forever. Now's the time of year to buy one and I would check Craigslist for sure.

Kaiser878

ohio
I have a Holland. Indirect flame..... its the cats ass. Perfect for doing duck and deer...... especially with bacon, never any fires. I will never buy anything but a Holland ever again

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
J-
Something like this model. http://www.charbroil.com/grills/gas...ed/char-broil-commercial-t-36d-463241314.html
They've cheapened them up over the years.
Mine was purchased in 2001 and still runs strong. Both have been gutted and overhauled twice.

I have the same grill. Ive had it for about 5 years. I need to gut it as one of my burners no longer works. Do you have any suggestions? Ive been thinking of just replacing the whole damn things and getting something new in the spring.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I bought a Weber 5 years ago after replacing the cheapo models every year or two. It's been great and it still works like it did the first day. Well worth the money.

Buckmaster

Portage
I have the same grill. Ive had it for about 5 years. I need to gut it as one of my burners no longer works. Do you have any suggestions? Ive been thinking of just replacing the whole damn things and getting something new in the spring.

If you registered the warranty with Charbroil then just call them for replacement parts. You will just have to pay shipping charges.\
If you don't want to mess with it next Spring just give it to me so I can rebuild it. :pickle: