Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Big Dog ladder stand blind

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
In 2013 I bought 2 Big Dog ladder stand blinds enclosures from Phil. I used the one in 2013 on my Big Dog wrap around 2 man stand. It worked great and the 4 bucks that walked past me at 20 yds. never knew I was there. Shot my 2013 buck at 12 yds. downwind while using it.
The blind is a full enclosure and has a good rain roof if needed.
There is a large window in the front and on both sides. I'm well please with it. There is a zippered door opening but it's really not needed as you can squeeze in with no problem.

Fast forward to 2014. I had bought 2 of these 2 man Big Dog ladder stands and had installed the other stand on the edge of my food plot. But as luck would have it I tagged out early and never had to hunt out of the stand.
Today I installed the other blind today on the stand on the food plot. It goes up easy and takes about 45 minutes. But that's with couple rest periods as I don't work well with my arms overhead.
My neighbor has been using one for several years and I was impressed because once he climbed inside he was invisible until he came out again. His ladder stand was about 150 yds. away.

I works for me.

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I plan on buying a few of the 2 man setups here in the next 2 years for my son and I. I'm assuming the enclosure stays up all year? If so, did it hold up real well?

I took it down after deer season was over. Couple pin holes but nothing major. To take down only about a 10 minute job and most of that time is resting as I don't work well with my arms overhead. To put it up about 15 minutes. The roof support straps to the tree with 2 straps. And the blind sides tie to the roof outer rail. I didn't take the roof panel off the supports when I took it down and that speeds up the insulation the following year.
This is a 2 man blind and at about 90.00 it's a keeper in my mind. It'll furnish a lot of years use.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I bought the Big Dog with the flip up seat and double sized platform from Phil a couple years ago. I love that thing. Its hung in an observation area that makes a decent killing stand at times. Can't beat it for a comfy hunt!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not a sales pitch. Just information. We carry a model they call the "Comfort Max" now. 22' two person ladder stand with mesh seat. Crazy tall for a 2 man. Been a big hit at the show this weekend.