Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sniper insulated bag with arms

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sportsman Guide has a insulated Sniper bag with arms and hood. Basicly it's a large size sleeping bag with arms and a hood. It's rated to 30 degrees. Plus it rolls up into a carry roll.
I was somewhat concerned when I ordered it as it was stated as 30" wide and also concerned the sleeves wouldn't be wide enough to wear my insulated coveralls when using it during severe cold weather.
The outside material is a nylon cloth but I don't think the noise will be a issue.
Well it turned out there is almost enough room inside for 2 people but you would have to real friendly. The sleeves are large enough to use with a large insulated coveralls during really cold weather.
Overall I'm pleased with the item. And cost was 44.99 being a non-member of SG. I had a free shipping coupon email. I also ordered 2 bow hangers for 14.99 but they shipped me 3.
I'll report back after using during cold weather.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...l-sleeping-bag-with-arms-olive-drab?a=1518495

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'd be interested if it was rated to -30. Regular old 30 ain't that cold. Certainly not cold enough for this.

I realized that 30 isn't cold but with enough room to wear my insulated coveralls inside it there should be comfort to go down to as low as I should be hunting anyway.

My major heath problems is with my MS muscle spasms and my decreased heart function I can't permit myself to get chilled. With this system of layering I should be good to go setting still in a hunting blind in even very cold weather.

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got wet feet crossing the creek tonight. I keep my insulated coveralls and the SP sniper insulated bag in my tower since it's locked up.
I took my boots and sock off tonight to dry in front of the heater.
I had bare feet so I put the SP sniper insulated bag on. It kept me toasty and warm at 40 degrees. I also used it Monday when it was 35 and rained all day on top of my insulated coveralls.
It kept me toasty and warm. This item is a keeper and I'll probably get another on for anyone who hunts with me. Then I can put both of them in the car when I travel during the winter.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good report Frank! I have a HBS, but they are much more expensive. I rarely use the thing since I no longer stay in the stand all day. They are life-savers if you are out for hours on end without moving much!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I purchased a Canadian cocoon from Saskatchewan years ago and used it up there in -20 weather and was glad to have it.
It is kind of like the HBS only no legs just like a big insulated fleece sleeping bag with slits in the side so you can keep your arms in or out and pockets inside for hand warmers.
Also reversable to white or camo.
Havnt used it here in yrs since I got my cable's extreme stand Hunter bibs and pullover and parka.Can't really remember the last time I got cold.Best investment I ever made along with a good pair of Iditarod pack boots.