Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got a GoPro?

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I have been looking at GoPro cameras lately after seeing the attachment to mount it on a bow, gun and fishing pole...:smiley_bril:, let alone the other options you can mount em on like 4 wheelers, planes, train and automobiles...

Does anyone out there have one?
Are they as fun as they look?

Thanks for the feedback.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My son got one when the grandsons and him went bear hunting June in ID. He loved it and I seen the videos on a whitewater raft ride and the video was true to life in quality. He also took some underwater video of trout and those looked real to life. The quality was unreal.
Thanks for reminding me as he said I could borrow it for deer hunting. I'll pick it up tomorrow and report back after I use it. He did say it was so simple to use that "even dad could figure it out". What do you think he meant by that?

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I used to have one I put on my helmet when I rode my fourwheeler around our little race track. It was petty neat. Not sure where it's even at now

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I have gathered that as a primary "hunt/kill" camera, its a little disappointing beyond 20 ish yards because you cant zoom so longer shots lack "detail" as far as "point of impact". As far as a secondary camera for say "hunter reaction", broad/wide angle shots, they are incredible. Still sounds cool for close in work. The The GoPro Hero 3+ will shoot 100 FPS so as far as action goes, there's not much out there that's better today. The Wi-Fi remote will work up to 600' away and can be programed to work multiple cameras.

I think I want one...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Flutey has one. I may buy one as well. Firgured having it on my gun for waterfowl would be fun and I'm considering filming deer hunts again for webisodes unique to TOO. Similar to MidWest Whitetail.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'll pick it up tomorrow and report back after I use it. He did say it was so simple to use that "even dad could figure it out". What do you think he meant by that?

Be sure a post a vid of your hunt .... or we'll all assume you never figured it out....lol I'm too cheap to buy one, so I'll just use the one my dog uses....lol

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Would love to have one. There is so many different things you can do with them and from what I have seen the picture is very nice. How cool would it be to mount to a tree and hit record and see the exit shot, or mount to your bow not only for hunting but watching arrow flight while practicing. Man, there is a lot of cool stuff you could do with it.

Get ya one Jim!!!!

A guy can never have TOO many toys.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I like my Go Pro, but don't expect great things out of it if you plan to use it to film hunts. It is a POV type camera with a fish eye lense. I shot a doe at 20 y with it strapped to the stabilizer last year, and it turned out ok, but anything past that would be wasted, IMO. I mainly bought it to use as a waterproof camera for taking pics while I'm fishing, since I ruined a phone and a camera in the last two years trying to take pics.