Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jeremy's 2014-2015 Season

jeremy44230

Medina County
I've practiced shootings quite a bit this year. Changed my single pin sight to a 5 pin Copper John Dead Nuts 3. This allows me much more comfort in shooting at greater distances. Also picked up a Bushnell range finder.

Tonight after work I only got to take one shot and this little guy caught the wrong end of it at 25 yards with a G5 small game head. Very devastating head, to say the least!

Good luck envy one and I look forward to this season with all of you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411607759.641914.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411607770.575053.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good shooting dude! I killed a cat with one at 42 yards a few years back. I was amazed how true those SGHs fly!

Your pic reminds me of one of mine. 30 yards and no, the corn kernel wasn't staged! lmao

jeremy44230

Medina County
Good shooting dude! I killed a cat with one at 42 yards a few years back. I was amazed how true those SGHs fly!

Your pic reminds me of one of mine. 30 yards and no, the corn kernel wasn't staged! lmao

Fantastic shot!!

My cat was last year but only about 3 yards away while we were tucked in some brush!

Good times!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The bad thing about the cat I shot was I lost the head. I hit him in the ear hole and couldn't get it to come back out the hole in his noggin. It was a big old tom cat that had taken a liking to pissing on my feeder and he'd intentionally go pester deer. He was feral and enough was enough.

jeremy44230

Medina County
This season has been super so far. I've been able to not only harvest a doe and a nice buck, but also got to engage 2 others into bow hunting.

I got my brother in law in the stand for his first bow hunt. We will have more to come...

My other buddy has been out twice with me. The first time out, we saw about 6 deer. He shot and hit a buck, but it was a bad shot, little to know penetration and bad placement.... Last night we sat and had 2 does come in. They got too close, too close for comfort and the big one got skiddish and buggered out. He had a shot at the other one, but missed. He misjudged the distance and it was a clean miss.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort

Still the best shot of all time.