Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Free ammo

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The ammo company I do R&D work said they were having a test of a new 9MM load for a contract. All the free ammo I wanted to shoot. That's a offer I couldn't pass on.
The only 9MM pistols I have are 2 different models of the H&K P8 Squeeze Cocker. I have both the American model with the thumb magazine release and the European Model with the lower magazine release on the bottom of the grip.
The H&K P8 are sweet pistols but damn expensive. Built like a fine watch and strong as a tank.
Shooting a 25 yd. man target with a 4" swinging target hole at center mass. Hit the 4" circle 3 out of the 5 rounds in the 1st magazine. Comment from behind me was "grandpa can still shoot good for a old man". There was a sense of proud in both of us.
We shoot the hell out of a bucket full of ammo and free at that. Shot all their test guns and my grandsons Glock with a ported barrel. They also have a HiPoint camp rifle and now that is one excellent accurate gun. Hit the 4" on every shot at 25 yds.
Fun time shooting with free ammo. The younger guys are becoming fine shots and I'm getting my old pistol shooting edge back again. The round was 100% function and accurate as hell.
Can't wait to the next test.