Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer watching

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I seen 3 mature does down in my food plots from my overlook. Something out of my sight spooked them as they kept looking to my SW out of my view.
As I type this there are a doe and 2 fawns bedded down in my front yard about 60 yds. out. Tried a picture but it's too dark and the flash bounces back off the window glass.
Having a great time in the country. This group of 3 are out there almost every night and come from my new food plot I planted this year about 100 yds. from the house.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Tonight before going to my overlook I checked the front yard and had a doe with 3 fawns. Never seen her before. My camera battery went dead so no picture.
Went to the overlook and there was one deer bedded down in the forage oats-brassica at 200 yds. Then 3 does fed from underneath me from one clover plot, through the forage oats plot, then onto the other clover plot. There's 1/2 ac. of the failed planting in between and all 3 does feed in there and one doe spent 15 minutes feeding in the brown plants. So maybe that 1/2 ac. won't be a total loss anyway. I keep watching for feeding pressure.
Good day down on the farm and the deer sure are eating well.

Last edited: