Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

For Phil

Buckmaster

Portage
Show me your wood :smiley_coolpeace:

This pile is available for sale, hardwood mix, mainly hickory and ash.

Attachments

• Wood 1.jpg
    Wood 1.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Wood 2.jpg
    Wood 2.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Wood 3.jpg
    Wood 3.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 113

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice looking wood. Just don't move that ash wood out the County it was cut in. Or at least don't get caught moving it out of the County.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here is the last dump truck load I brought home a couple weeks ago. Also attached is my stash to get us thru most of the winter. Hopefully all winter.

uploadfromtaptalk1411489616513.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411489630697.jpg

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
We've got some ash trees living around here too. We lost a big one in the back yard a few years ago to a storm but no beetles in it.

Buckmaster if you were a couple counties closer I'd try to make an offer. I've been slacking on getting firewood and now I don't want to go making noise in the woods until I shoot some deer.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No. Looks nice thought. I have heard them called several different names and know what you are talking about. Saw some pictures on arboristsite.com .

I have a 10/13/14yr old. They help me stack. Ours gets moved/handled multiple times. No room to stack it closer to the outdoor boiler or I would eliminate multiple moves. I slap the 2.5yd bucket on a skid loader and fill it up a time or two and haul it closer to the boiler as needed throughout the winter. I know you shouldn't move it anymore than needed, but I don't go to the gym. It is one way I keep this girlish figure during the winter. lmao

Buckmaster

Portage
I just marked off a 8 foot long section and sunk in metal T posts. Every 8 feet is a rick of wood. I don't even burn wood so I just simply "play with my wood" then sell it.

Me, like Phil, always need something to do. I can't sit still and relax so I'm always engaged in a project of somekind. Wood cutting, hauling, splitting, stacking is my release along with free exercise.

and I'm only half done so far with this project.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Must been a well kept secret. It's a shame that most of all the ash trees are gone.

Unfortunately it is not. About 6yrs ago it even became legal to cross state lines with ash. We always abided by the rules when going to MIS, but it didn't last long. Within only a few yrs it spread through Ohio like wildfire. The quarantine zone followed the front line for contaminated vs. clean counties. We always burn what we move, but mainly bc I do not want to handle it again lol.

Mike I'll take that offer, quite a few trees survived and are doing well :)