Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Photobucket question

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here's the deal, I have 2000 pics in my photo files on my phone plus the same pics in my PB account which are presently being backed up so I don't lose them. These two alone have used up most of my storage on my phone thus not allowing me to update my phone.
Question: With PB backing up my photos can I now delete my photo file so I can free up my storage so I can update my phone?
Having my photos in my normal files are much easier to navigate through than on PB but I need PB to post pics on this forum.
Finding pics in PB takes much longer but I need to empty one of them.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Me personally Ric, I wouldn't rely only on Photobucket for photos that you wish to keep. If they would happen to go out of business or something, I'm not sure what would happen to those photos.

I usually keep my pictures on my computer, have a backup on my external USB hard drive or thumb drive, then once or twice a year I will go through and do a backup to a DVD that we keep in our safe.

That way technology that is bound to fail at some point doesn't cost you a bunch of your pictures.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You should ditch the iPhone and get a Galaxy S4 or 5 so you can keep photos on a mini-SD card. That's my fix!

Are you storing your stuff in the cloud? Are you backing the phone up on your computer?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
How do you send stuff to a cloud? I'm a dumb ass:)
Note: must delete photos of thy self nekked before I clouding them....:smiley_coolpeace:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Just get an external hard drive and back em up. They can be handy to have around anyway.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My brother's main computer crashed and he's trying to find away to get his pictures off it. I'm of no help as I can only turn the damn power on and not much else.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
My brother's main computer crashed and he's trying to find away to get his pictures off it. I'm of no help as I can only turn the damn power on and not much else.

Yep that's the thing, even external hard drives can fail. I learned that the hard way and lost 10-15GB worth of data. Mostly music and stuff, but some pictures as well. Now keep an external HD and a DVD backup just in case.