Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Level on bowsights

PSE13

Shelby
Is it important to have a level on your bow sight? My old one had one on it but one of the ones I'm looking at doesn't have one. Should I get one without?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It is very important IMO. The purpose behind the level is to prevent bow cant which will cause erratic groups. This is especially important when shooting up/downhill or on a side to side incline. I always check my bubble as part of my preshot routine and would never own a sight without one.

PSE13

Shelby
Okay. I was looking at some of the truglo sights and some had the levels and some didn't. My previous sight decided to start giving me all kinds of trouble like a pin broke then the parts that holds it on the bow and then they sent me the wrong piece for it.

Yep it can help with being more consistent. When i get my bow to full draw. I establish my anchor point and glace at my level. Once i have the bow level and anchored. Light and normal breathing. I start getting my pin on target. Once i have the bouncing down to a minimum i start let my breath out slowly. I start to begin to squeeze the trigger and pull through the shot. The bow will fire. Follow through with the shot.

Very important like the others have mentioned. When I started doing long distance practicing that's when I realized how critical it can be to keep things squared up. By learning that and watching it my up close groups under 30 yards tightened up dramatically as well. Well...not yet this year though LOL.