Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1st time archery hunting ohio

joe8322

I just moved to ohio. I was wondering if anyone knew where I should start searching for good public hunting land . I was down in Coshocton at woodbury but I'm not sure where to start. I'll be archery hunting and would appreciate any help or opinions on where to go. Thanks joe.

doublej

New this year also..all I can say is scout,scout,scout..that's goes with any public lands anywhere..you need to have as many options as possible..stay away from corn and easy access obvious food sources unless you like being crowded.
Don't rush to hunt, if you don't feel 100% certain you will kill climb down and scout...
I'm on PLENTY deer but that can change when things get rolling.
I keep getting told how bad the pressure is but I've hunted public for a while in other states so I know the drill but we will see. May sit out opening morning and just drive and see where everyone else is to make my decision of what spots to hunt or scratch off the list. Also suggest picking one place and committing to it prior to hopping around. Good luck man!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Welcome to the forum and to bow hunting. Woodbury is a great place to learn the ropes. Find the acorns and you'll have a starting place. Good luck!

Ricer2231

Welcome to TOO you two. Acorns are aplenty this year so my best advice for ya would be to find a crop of em and hang a stand. Good luck and I don't think ya can go wrong with a natural food source.

doublej

Welcome to TOO you two. Acorns are aplenty this year so my best advice for ya would be to find a crop of em and hang a stand. Good luck and I don't think ya can go wrong with a natural food source.

Yup find a few spots where it's like walking on marbles