Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BBB records digitized

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yes welcome to the modern times.
What doesn't make much sense to me is that there are 2 tied for 1st Place and next in order is 3rd Place. What happened to 2nd Place? It goes on like that down the list for tied positions. Like I said doesn't make andy sense to me. But then again they consult me when setting the rules up.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I see Ron and I each have a deer not listed that we paid for and there's another Richard Newsome but he's got an e at the end of his name. He also killed two qualifiers in the same year?!? Makes me wonder how accurate the info is?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Dang, my buddy, Dan's deer was the typical record for 21 years! That's quite a stretch.

I know of two huge non-typicals that were killed locally that aren't listed here. Maybe they figured putting them in B&C was good enough...

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Help me out here guys. Can I have a deer scored now that I killed a few years ago or does it have too be in the year harvested. I have one I know would make it and depending how the other would score it would be close. Its isn't that big of deal if there are in the bbb , just wondering

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I see Ron and I each have a deer not listed that we paid for and there's another Richard Newsome but he's got an e at the end of his name. He also killed two qualifiers in the same year?!? Makes me wonder how accurate the info is?

I saw some names listed twice as well. Same year, size inches on the deer, same county. I realize there will be bugs to work out of the online display. For now, it makes me glad I didn't have mine scored last year. I think he would have made it just fine. Just not sure it is worth dropping the coin to be in the book. I went through the first 20 pages online. Didn't see a single Allen, or Auglaize county deer on the list. We are up here in the "mecca of prime Ohio deer hunting land". :smiley_cry::smiley_blackeye:

Okay, so my area isn't a complete wasteland. There have been some good deer taken in these areas. I think this list simply goes to show: Not every deer is put in the books. Makes me wonder how much longer the list would be if everyone entered their deer? Hell, I didn't even see any of the Rex clan on the first 20 pages. I am sure they have some which would have made it. Maybe there is a rule against it since he is on the board or something? I dunno. Just would be interesting to know a little more about the local deer potential I guess, along with just how many the state has on record. Can't blame those who haven't listed theirs.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I saw some names listed twice as well. Same year, size inches on the deer, same county. I realize there will be bugs to work out of the online display. For now, it makes me glad I didn't have mine scored last year. I think he would have made it just fine. Just not sure it is worth dropping the coin to be in the book. I went through the first 20 pages online. Didn't see a single Allen, or Auglaize county deer on the list. We are up here in the "mecca of prime Ohio deer hunting land". :smiley_cry::smiley_blackeye:

Okay, so my area isn't a complete wasteland. There have been some good deer taken in these areas. I think this list simply goes to show: Not every deer is put in the books. Makes me wonder how much longer the list would be if everyone entered their deer? Hell, I didn't even see any of the Rex clan on the first 20 pages. I am sure they have some which would have made it. Maybe there is a rule against it since he is on the board or something? I dunno. Just would be interesting to know a little more about the local deer potential I guess, along with just how many the state has on record. Can't blame those who haven't listed theirs.

Mike Rex is in there. Can't remember what page though.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana

I have two not listed as well. I have the entry stubs in the basement...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang Phil your awful hard on our stomping grounds rotflmao

Shhhh. . . . there are sleeper states, then there are sleeper counties. Don't let the secret out that Allen/Auglaize killed 600-800 deer a year BEFORE they increased our limits. (Now you can't find a deer.) You let the secret out and everyone will want to hunt here. lol Shoot, I am not believing we are killing 1200ish a year now. I think people are calling them in from SW counties as Allen county deer so they can keep hunting. :smiley_blackeye:

There have been some really nice deer taken here. I would like to know how many to be honest. Just didn't see any on the first 20 pages. lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mike Rex is in there. Can't remember what page though.

I stand corrected. I only looked at typical bucks the first time. His 200 incher was listed under non-typicals. I correct myself on Allen/Auglaize county as well. There was a non-typ on page 11 from Auglaize county.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Help me out here guys. Can I have a deer scored now that I killed a few years ago or does it have too be in the year harvested. I have one I know would make it and depending how the other would score it would be close. Its isn't that big of deal if there are in the bbb , just wondering

It can be scored anytime. The hole in the horn buck was first scored nearly 40 years after it hung in a bar/club in Kent Ohio.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang, my buddy, Dan's deer was the typical record for 21 years! That's quite a stretch.

I know of two huge non-typicals that were killed locally that aren't listed here. Maybe they figured putting them in B&C was good enough...

21 years is a VERY long stretch considering the quality of deer we have in this state! Any refresher of the memory pics you can share Brock! I remember mass and tine length but forget what his buck looks like.