Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hogs

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
uploadfromtaptalk1411073099752.jpgMy buddy sent me this pic from his property in Vinton County.Said they have been coming in the evenings several times a week.Might have to go down and do a hog hunt with him.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yep Jesse they have been around for years he just doesnt have time to get down there very often till deer season.He went down yesterday but of course it must not have been the hogs evening out to dinner.lol He will be down there alot to bow hunt I told him I would have a stand there.If they are still hanging out this Winter we plan on going after them.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Man that sucks. I would be trying to kill a few with the ar 15. I hope they dont move into north vinton were our property is.

Sorry to say they will be coming your way. Hogs are like deer and know no area is off limits.
He needs to get some hog hunters in there to kill them off.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Is this close to Eagle Mills? My Grandpa's farm was in that area and I knew guys were hunting and killing them there 20 years ago. The population isn't out of control there yet as the locals seem to be doing a fair job of shooting and trapping the heck out of them.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Yea that's crazy to see a pic like that in Vinton county. We'll if you every need any help getting them I'd love to hog hunt. Killing a hog with my bow is on my list.

bigcutters4

The best thing for a deer hunting prop is to make a big round pen w a feeder in it you will catch several at a time .I hog hunt w dogs and trap for pep down here in la the round trap set before and after deer season really works !

Buckmaster

Portage
My cousin had a connection in Vinton a few years back for pig. He said it was kill at will.

That picture looks like a happy pig party.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Is this close to Eagle Mills? My Grandpa's farm was in that area and I knew guys were hunting and killing them there 20 years ago. The population isn't out of control there yet as the locals seem to be doing a fair job of shooting and trapping the heck out of them.
Brock it sure is. My grandmas property is on East Fork and my friends that live there use to bring some down to our turkey camp to cook back in the early 90s as they shot a few over 300 pounds so they have been in the area a long time and my friends property is close to Eagle mills. I just head down narrows road and then hit 17 and jog a few back roads. They have been in his area and my grandmas place a long time and more and more keep showing up. We talked about maybe trapping them also but most likely will bait them hard this winter and try and shoot some. And as for them moving in your area Archertl not sure where your located but they will probably end up there eventually.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
MDGC0100.jpgMDGC0115.jpgMDGC0082 (2).jpgMDGC0298.jpgMDGC0299 (2).jpgHere are a few more pics he has gotten down there the last few years. I can remember turkey hunting down at my Grandmas place years ago and hearing hogs running off and you could really smell the stinking things.LOL

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Small world. My tribe settled in the Salt Creek Valley in the early 1800's, just west of Eagle Mills. Grandpa's last farm (and Grandma's birthplace) was just north of Allensville. I've still got a few friends that hunt the area and they kill hogs off corn piles every year while waiting on deer.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yep Brock small world indeed. Spent a lot of my childhood down there running those hills and that is where I cut my teeth on squirrel turkey hunting. Lot of good times down there. My other buddy has his cabin east of Laurelville that is where I took one of my birds this year. Spent a lot of time running around Tar Hollow also which is about a mile from grandmas place.