Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 12 - Thwackin' & Stackin'

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Hoping everyone has a safe and productive season.
Look forward to hearing all the updates and sharing mine.
I will do my best to contribute. I am usually good for a doe and hoping Connor will lead a big boy my way.

#honorconnor

rsmith

I will do my best to contribute. I am usually good for a doe and hoping Connor will lead a big boy my way.

#honorconnor
Thank you hope you have a safe one too and slay a big one!!

Here is a couple I can think of for team names feel free to add more cause that's all I can think of
Team Tall Tines
Team Silent Strikers
Team Death from Above
Team Honor for Connor

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner

#honorconnor
I hope for the same for all, as for names I'm good with whatever you guys like.

Still l [king for Jim to check in and we will be set.
Quantum, I'll pick up a band from you at strouds and rock it on the bow.

I do have a couple prospective bucks I'm keeping track of, I just need to get my ass in gear and be ready for season.

rsmith

Anyone got any bucks they're chasing in particular? And what county are you guys hunting I'm over in Geauga County

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm hunting stark county mostly, but will occasionally hunt Guernsey and Tusc counties.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411133908900.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411133908900.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 323
  • uploadfromtaptalk1411133940346.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411133940346.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 304
  • uploadfromtaptalk1411133957911.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411133957911.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 300

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I hunt mostly in Vinton County. I have not run any cameras this year as it has been a crazy summer. I will be going in somewhat blind this year. I have hunted this same property for the last 8 years so at least I know it well. Good news is that I am taking the first week of November off this year to hunt. With work I have not been able to do that the last several years so it will be good to be back in the woods for the rut.

As far as names go, I am completely fine with whatever the majority likes.

rsmith

Looks like everyone has some cool bucks to chase this year! And I hope he checks in too!

Here is a couple pics of my honey hole spot this year

the blue is where I planted forage oats and peas, the yellow is where I mossy oak biologic sugar beets and winter bulbs, the pink/red color is where I planted soybeans and the orange circle is my stand location. Here is a view from my stand

here is my hit list for this season,
#1 Big 8

#2 Diamond
the buck to the far right is Diamond

#3 Brow Tine Bonus
call him this because he has a little kicker on his right brow

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry for taking so long guys... I'm here! Looking forward to another great deer season. I don't really have any shooters on my radar yet but I haven't been looking very hard either. I have a few good spots lined up so I should be on good shape.

rsmith

Sorry for taking so long guys... I'm here! Looking forward to another great deer season. I don't really have any shooters on my radar yet but I haven't been looking very hard either. I have a few good spots lined up so I should be on good shape.
It's all good! Glad you checked in! Think we're all here now

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Well I just got bowhunting permission from the landowner that owns the farm next to my honey hole! He let me shed hunt this past season. 160 acres of prime land, stipulation is that I have to be with my buddy who also has permission at my honey hole. I never asked to hunt this farm cause I didn't want to step on his toes but he told me yesterday that I should. So it looks like I'll be doing most of my hunting out of my climber.

rsmith

Well I just got bowhunting permission from the landowner that owns the farm next to my honey hole! He let me shed hunt this past season. 160 acres of prime land, stipulation is that I have to be with my buddy who also has permission at my honey hole. I never asked to hunt this farm cause I didn't want to step on his toes but he told me yesterday that I should. So it looks like I'll be doing most of my hunting out of my climber.
That is awesome! And you have to be with your buddy?? That's a little odd? But hey if that's what you got to do to get into some more prime hunting land than that's what it is I guess. Very cool though. What's the location like? Hardwoods, corn or bean field, both?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That is awesome! And you have to be with your buddy?? That's a little odd? But hey if that's what you got to do to get into some more prime hunting land than that's what it is I guess. Very cool though. What's the location like? Hardwoods, corn or bean field, both?

Ya I gotta be with my buddy, hopefully that'll change next year but I'm cool with it. The Tuscarawas river runs along side of this property and its all hardwoods along the river, bucks run it like crazy during the rut. Beans are planted it a couple small fields down by the woods on the west side. The east side has alfalfa and was just cut. A gas line runs along the south end east to west and connects wifh the honey hole with 250 acres of crops beyond that on another farm. There's corn and beans on the neighboring farm to the north. Last year there was at least four bucks that went over 140" running around this area, one looked to be at least 160".

rsmith

Ya I gotta be with my buddy, hopefully that'll change next year but I'm cool with it. The Tuscarawas river runs along side of this property and its all hardwoods along the river, bucks run it like crazy during the rut. Beans are planted it a couple small fields down by the woods on the west side. The east side has alfalfa and was just cut. A gas line runs along the south end east to west and connects wifh the honey hole with 250 acres of crops beyond that on another farm. There's corn and beans on the neighboring farm to the north. Last year there was at least four bucks that went over 140" running around this area, one looked to be at least 160".

Sounds to be very promising! Hopefully next year you can hunt by yourself their, that's just weird he has to be their when you are